DOWNLOAD XPAK’s “Salient Characteristics” PDF
XPAK G2 – Portable Trace Explosives Detection System
With the capability to detect Homemade Explosives the XPAK G2 is a rugged, affordable, and user-friendly portable trace explosives detection system. In less than a day, users can learn to collect and identify trace explosives on people, vehicles, bags, and packages.
Combined with the iMODULE and the XPAK Spotlight Software, the unit becomes the XPAK-i G2, the streamlined system in support of nodal analysis targeting terrorist networks and facilities.
Made in America
- – Ideal for Force Protection and Special Operations.
- – Detects a wide range of explosives.
- – Sensitive trace detection at an affordable price.
- – Excels under realistic field conditions.
- – Ready immediately with no warm-up or calibration; analysis in seconds.
- – System, supplies and chargers in one rugged case.
- Routine entrance screening – Quickly sample people at entrances to bases, embassies, buildings, power plants, airports, stadiums, events, and facilities
- Spot screening – Randomly screen people and/or their belongings when routine entrance screening is impractical or unnecessary.
- Vehicle screening – Screen vehicles at checkpoints or delivery entrances
- Screening large numbers of hand-carried items – Screen luggage, briefcases, bags, and other hand-carried items at airports, bus terminals, and other arrival and departure points.
- Screening mailed and shipped items – Screen letters, packages, and shipping crates arriving at embassies, mailrooms, government facilities, or large shipping facilities.
- Threat-based screening – On-site screening of people, vehicles, unattended packages, or mailed/shipped items in response to a threat.
- Information gathering – Gather information about bomb-making activities.
“Thanks for the great product (XPAK). It gets used and abused here daily and I’ve yet to have a problem with it.
Force Protection NCOIC
FOB (Location Classified)
“Once again thank you and the staff there at RedXDefense, your service and support has been outstanding. You are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Please pass this on to the owners that we are very pleased with your equipment and service.”
Lt. John W. Glassey
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Law Enforcement Department.
Click on the icons below for
“When we tested and used (the XPAK), we found that it functioned very well in the explosive security checking. The product (XPAK) was user-friendly, fast and accurate testing, suitable for explosive security checking in a wide area and on site checking on human/packages.”
“The XPAK is a simple and easy to use law enforcement tool. It serves as a visible deterrent which is seen by the thousands of motorists and pedestrians who enter our gates.”
“If we want to win the counter-IED fight, we need to attack and defeat every aspect of the bomb maker’s network,” said Major Hunter. “RedX’s XPAK not only allows us to find the bomb maker, it facilitates the rapid identification of every member of his network. I am fiercely proud to be working with RedXDefense. Theirs is the most advanced yet user-friendly detector I have ever seen. I wouldn’t deploy on operations without it.”
“I was most impressed by the accuracy of the XPAK in detecting trace explosives, its portability and ease of operation, and affordability”, comments Mr. Shirey. “… the device would have great value as an investigative tool, crime scene processing, checkpoints, parcel and baggage screening, and such activities where technicians and dogs may not be required or unavailable to the user. In this regard, I would also recommend the XPAK to private sector as well as for government deployment.”
“The XPAK met the needs of the U.S. Park Police for the broad venue on the 4th of July for trace explosive screening of people and their belongings as they entered the Monument grounds,” commented Commander, ICON Security, one of the primary operators of the XPAK. “The XPAK is simple, easy to use, and extremely rugged – essential attributes for a system used for long periods of time in tough field conditions.”
- Detection PrincipleFluorimetric Detection
- Explosives DetectedTNT, DNT, RDX, PETN, HMX, Semtex, Tetryl,
C4, PE -4, COMP B, Deta sheet, Prima sheet,
Det cord, Prima cord, Picric Acid, TNB, DNB,
Nitroglycerin, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea Nitrate, TATP
(Inquire with RedX about additional detection capabilities.)
- Sampling CapabilitiesTrace Particulates
- Sampling ApplicationsPeople, vehicles, packages, bags, surfaces
- Time to Sample/AnalyzeDetection in less than 15 sec.
(Some detections may take longer, please contact RedX for information or a demonstration.)
- CalibrationNone required
- Warm-up TimeNone required
- ConsumablesDetection ink, detection paper
- Power SourceRechargeable Li-ion battery (charger included)
- Operating Temperature Range32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)
- Dimensions18″ x 12.5″ x 4.25″ (Length x Width x Height)
Contact us to find out about the XPAK’s pricing and availability, or to see a demo
XPAK-i – the complete solution for Explosives Trace Detection.
XPAK-i G2 combines the XPAK portable trace explosives detection system with the iMODULE geolocation, referencing, and data logging tool and XPAK Spotlight Software for the visualization and analysis of this data. The entire system provides the most streamlined system available today in support of nodal analysis that targets terrorist networks and facilities.
i-MODULE – geolocation, referencing, and data logging tool
- – Code 39 with 13 characters including checksum.
- – USB-A Connector (PC) to Mini-B Connector with 5 pins (i-MODULE).
- – Type 1 (Satellite) 15 meters x HDOP (95%)
- – Type 2 (Differential) 3 meters x HDOP (95%).
Stored Record Capacity
- – Hundreds of records.
- – 8 hours.